Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Session Slides for USA Common App Workshop
Ms. Baldry's Tips
- Complete your BridgeU 'Strategy Advisor' to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Read the prompt very carefully and ensure that you respond to it.
- Do not be afraid of identifying challenges you have encountered but be sure to explain how you are working to overcome these.
- Although it is a good idea to have others read your essay, be sure that any editing does not take away from your voice.
- BridgeU 'Writing Builder' can help you to file you essays and send them to your advisor for review. Use this tool!
Workshop Activity: Scoring Sample Essays
NYT College Essay Scoring Rubric
Khan Academy Sample College Essays With Feedback from Admissions Officers
Click here or on the screenshot below to go to Khan Academy's excellent resources for sample college essays along with admission officers' feedback (and other helpful tips!).
Four Essays that Helped Students Get into the Colleges of Their Choice from IBO